Avoid These Mistakes
When Choosing a Roofer
Is your roof in need of replacement?
Investing in your roof is a major expense which makes it important to do your research and choose a reputable, experienced company to complete the work. For many homeowners, the options can seem daunting. Many individuals who call themselves professional roofers are actually “fly-by-night” contractors, swindling homeowners before disappearing.
So how can you be sure you’re making the right choice?
When choosing a residential roofing contractor, make sure you avoid these common mistakes:
1. Not Researching the Roofing Companies Reputation
It’s important to do your homework on the residential roofers you’re considering.
Make sure you pay attention to:
- Location: Beware of door-to-door roofers. A legitimate, well-established roofing company will have a physical location out of which they operate. Greenawalt Roofing has an established office in Lancaster!
- Read Customer Reviews: There’s no better barometer than the experiences of previous customers. Many residential roofing companies will post customer testimonials on their website. Check out Greenawalt Roofing on Facebook and Google for our positive reviews!
2. Hiring an Unlicensed or Uninsured Roofer
If something goes wrong, whether your home suffers damage or a contractor is injured, you can be left on the hook if the company is uninsured. Greenawalt Roofing is both insured and licensed!
3. Not Getting a Warranty on Work Performed
Securing a good, comprehensive warranty is a smart decision. Reputable roofers who take pride in their work will offer a warranty to back it up and will offer advice on available manufacturers warranties like lifetime warranties on shingles. Greenawalt Roofing offers a 12 year workmanship warranty and has information regarding manufacturer warranties as well!