Storm Damage FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Storm Damage Questions and Answers
Hailstorms and wind can cause significant damage to your roof. Greenawalt Roofing Company’s Haag-certified and trained storm team experts answer common questions about our hail damage services below.
Why does Greenawalt Roofing company offer hail damage inspections?
The nature of the damage caused by hailstorms differs from that of wind storms, hurricanes, or impact from downed trees, therefore requiring specific hail expertise. At Greenawalt Roofing Company, our team is trained to recognize hail damage and can work with your insurance to process the claims.
We just got hit by a hailstorm. Why do I need to have it checked?
Unlike many types of roofing damage, hail damage is not always obvious, especially if you have a textured roofing material such as dimensional or architectural shingles. The outer roofing material may have shallow dents that aren’t readily visible. If these dents are deep enough to “bruise” the waterproofing layer, the smallest puncture could allow rainwater through the roof deck and into the attic, causing significant water damage.
Can I just inspect my own roof?
What happens after Greenawalt Roofing inspects my roof?
- Our team will conduct a comprehensive inspection.
- We will then discuss our findings with you.
- You call your insurance company to set up a claim for suspected hail damage. Tell your insurance company that Greenawalt Roofing Company has permission to speak with them regarding the claim and that a Greenawalt representative will attend the appointment.
- The insurance company will send an adjuster to check out the damage and decide whether or not to approve the claim.
- Greenawalt Roofing Company will meet with your insurance adjuster to ensure all hail damage doesn’t go unnoticed.
- Once the insurance company approves the claim, Greenawalt Roofing Company can start returning your home to normal. Our team will be in contact with the insurance company and the homeowner throughout the entire process.
What are roof insurance claim supplements?
After the adjuster comes out and inspects the property, they will create an estimate for you. By definition, this estimate is just an estimate, which is why Greenawalt will also assess the property for damages. This is where claim supplementing comes into play.
We create our own estimate and add any items necessary to complete the repairs. We submit this estimate to the insurance carrier for approval and any evidence supporting the need for each additional line item we request. Typically, the supplement process happens before the repairs are completed, but occasionally, some supplements are only foreseeable once work has begun. Regardless of your situation, Greenawalt will take care of this for you every step of the way.
Storm Damage Insights
Gain expert insights to weather the storm and safeguard your home with our comprehensive resources on storm damage recovery and prevention.
View All Storm Damage Insights ›
Storm damage insurance claims can be a headache. This article explores a few basics to help you better understand the process.
A roof doesn’t last forever. Here are some common issues you can look for to know if it’s time to call a Professional.
Your roof has a important job to do. It’s your first line of defense against the elements and critical to the overall integrity of your home.