The day of your new roof installation is upon you. You have chosen a roof type and color and now it’s time to see what it will look like. What should you do to prepare your home and yard, and what do you need to know about the roof installation process?
Re-roofing a home is a major construction project. The following outlines some things you should do to prepare your home for your new roof replacement.
1. Safety – First thing to remember is safety. The whole family, including pets, should be kept indoors.
2. Noise – The job can be noisy at certain points of install and if you work from home you may consider working elsewhere for the duration of the job.
3. Access – Remember, everything used to re-roof your house needs to be as close to the house as possible, this requires access to your yard and driveway. Please move anything of value away from the house, things such as furniture, grills, statues, glass globes, flower pots, or any other fragile items that can be broken. All vehicles should be removed from the driveway.
4. Debris – Trash will be thrown off of the roof and be present in the lawn prior to clean up. All debris will be removed from the premises before the job is done including nails with a magnet sweep.
5. Fans & Satellites – Remember to turn off any roof or attic fans. Any satellite dish mounted on the roof will need to be removed and reset. This can be done by the roof installers. Your satellite provider will need to re-calibrate the signal however.
Always remember to use a company that inspects the job before, during, and upon completion such as Greenawalt Roofing! We take pride in our work and success of installation, customer satisfaction, and longevity of your new roof.